• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

I want to visit , el Senior Pope....

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 HAZ

HAZ

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,026 posts
  • Interests:politics
  • Local Union Number:947

Achievements

Posted March 26 2012 - 10:05 PM

However, euro-native Americans are banned by our hooligan, government! Only Cuban-Americans are allowed this trip. I'm happy they can freely travel, but shouldn't this apply to every American? What's the deal?,other than the Miami, Cuban mafia! Posted Image
John W. Hazouri

#2 HAZ

HAZ

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,026 posts

Achievements

Posted March 27 2012 - 12:13 PM

Can visit, China and Vietnam, but us Native Americans, can't legaly vist the Pope in Cuba? Posted Image
John W. Hazouri

#3 Farley

Farley

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 9,246 posts
  • Interests:politics,fishing, shooting, campaign finance reform

Achievements

Posted March 28 2012 - 10:15 AM

past FED chairman and Ayn Rand disciple, Alan Greenspan, has his wife in Cuba broadcasting back to the US of A as we speak. Guess you need to be special to go there. It is unfortunate that a few crazies like Marco Rubio control our foreign ploicy regarding Cuba......just what the hell are we afraid of???????? that we might see universal health care and want it also?

#4 xg22

xg22

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 424 posts

Achievements

Posted March 29 2012 - 03:44 PM

Can visit, China and Vietnam, but us Native Americans, can't legaly vist the Pope in Cuba? Posted Image

The problem with Cuba is they don't seem to have the leadership that would allow the Corporates to come in and exploit the workers the way China does.........

Foxconn still a harsh workplace, regardless of This American Life retraction, critics say

http://www.theglobea...article2373532/

Working to death should be prevented by law

http://www.chinadail...nt_14801571.htm
xg21 is now xg22 due to brutal technical difficulties

#5 xg22

xg22

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 424 posts

Achievements

Posted March 30 2012 - 08:26 AM

Now what common theme do we see that both Chinese and American leaders share

The authorities in China are very wary of unions and are likely to remain so

http://www.bbc.com/n...nology-17557630

#6 Farley

Farley

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 9,246 posts

Achievements

Posted March 30 2012 - 04:18 PM

xg22......right on.....having a US government that is so paranoid about Cuba is like book burning....why we are afraid of ideas

#7 scb

scb

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Achievements

Posted March 31 2012 - 04:44 PM

- Farley, xg, Haz, et al -

Not sure "fear" has anything to do with it. Think it has much more to do with the fact that the responsible parties of this nation don't see much point in dealing with - and, particularly, rewarding economically - those entities that steal from it. Perhaps you have forgotten that the Castro regime expropriated American property. Then again, perhaps not; someone who has spent his entire life demanding "gimme, gimme" over and over again, and thinks that those who have EARNED wealth are under an obligation to share it (by force, if neccessary) with those who CAN'T or WON'T earn it, may see nothing wrong with thieves like the Castros stealing others wealth. Believe it or not, however, there are those of us who DO!

Anyway, you tell the Castro boys to return (with interest) what they stole, and see what happens when they do. All sort of doors might open up. Not that I suspect you'll ever have the opportunity to do such "seeing"; I think every one here realizes that the Castros aren't about to return what they expropriated and - given what they've done to the Cuban economy, which, granted, wasn't in great shakes before they took over - they really aren't in a position anymore to do so even if they wanted to.

Of course, if *YOU* guys would like to make up the Castro's deficient, then *YOU* go right ahead. Given the fact, however, that you're the types of persons who are REAL "good" at demanding that OTHERS "provide", but little else, I think we'll be waiting a l-o-n-g time for that deficiency to be made up, don't you?

That said, if you want to visit Cuba, hop on Haz's little ketch (or whatever) he memorialized his hero with (named it "Granma", didn't he?...smile!) and float on down and visit. No one here's stopping you. And, as long as you don't spend any of the American dollars you've depended on others providing you during your existence in this country, I'm not sure there'd even be much of a legal problem in doing so. Have fun!

-scb-

#8 Farley

Farley

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 9,246 posts

Achievements

Posted April 01 2012 - 12:08 PM

scabby I cannot believe you would post such a piece of horse poop as "Think it has much more to do with the fact that the responsible parties of this nation don't see much point in dealing with - and, particularly, rewarding economically - those entities that steal from it".......have you been paying attention to the financial industry in America....like Bank of America, AIG, Goldman Sachs etc???? or the defense contractors like Halliburton, Kellog Brown and Root, Blackwater??????? come on scabby....you are being silly.....of course "responsible parties" reward those economically those that have stolen from us...........goodness scabby....how could you post something so unexamined?

#9 scb

scb

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Achievements

Posted April 01 2012 - 12:47 PM

-Farley-

How nice it is to see you weigh-in with your usual level of "knowledge" concerning a point of view that - no doubt - "every schoolchild" is conversant with.

Again, visit Cuba if you want...and stay there, if you please! After all, when it's all said and done, I seriously doubt that any responsible party in this country is going to stand in your way. We've more than enough parasites already....and I'm pretty sure that the loss of one isn't going to be considered seriously detrimental to the nation as a whole.

I might have to ask "any schoolchild" [smile] to confirm that, though.....

- "silly" scb-

#10 Farley

Farley

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 9,246 posts

Achievements

Posted April 02 2012 - 10:29 AM

just phoning it in these days, eh scabby? ....Any school child would know more than enough to be unafraid of Cuba and to know that they should be afraid of the financial industry.......as always you try to deflect from the awful truth to some kind of contorted reichwing talking point.......thought you were capable of a minimum level of objectivity......guess I grossly overestimated your ability....

#11 egghead

egghead

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Achievements

Posted April 02 2012 - 12:04 PM

"afraid of Cuba"is a rather childlike response don't you think Farley
But not surprising from someone with such a child like thought process

#12 scb

scb

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Achievements

Posted April 02 2012 - 06:04 PM

-Farley-

I'm constantly amazed at just how little awareness you apparently have of the world around you. From my experience - and I suspect that of just about every other sentinent individual in this country - claiming that the average, let alone "any", schoolchild (remember, you're talking about children as young as five here) would know much of ANYTHING about "Cuba" or "the financial industry"....let alone enough to make judgements concerning "fear" about them is a R-E-A-L stretch.

Where do you come up with this stuff? What possesses someone like yourself to make such statements....or generates the mental concepts apparently behind them in the first place? Inquiring minds really do want to know.

-scb-

#13 Farley

Farley

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 9,246 posts

Achievements

Posted April 09 2012 - 07:26 AM

no scabby, I am talking about children engaged in the education process, namely school child. What I am saying is anyone engaged in elementary objective study would have no feare of Cuba would also realize that the financial industry is something to be feared, regulated, and limited in scope because of the damage they actually inflicted.......it does not take a PHD, or even a BA to understand such basic realities.

#14 scb

scb

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Achievements

Posted April 09 2012 - 08:42 AM

-Farley-

Thus declares a guy who frames a sentence like...

"no scabby, I am talking about children engaged in the education process, namely school child."

...and, in a short, two-sentence message, uses words like "aanyone", "feare", and "somethiung". Right!

No, it may "not take a PHD, or even a BA to understand such basic realities" (assuming, of course, such "basic realities" exist...a BIG assumption on anyone's part, let alone "every schoolchild's")....but it DOES require more than a rudimentary level of education, along with an awareness of what's going on in the larger world around us. And those two elements need to be coupled with a somewhat mature understanding of some fairly complex situations involved in same. Those are all things which you - like most "school children" - simply lack.

Again, "you are what you are". And if you believe that "every schoolchild" (who would be, by definition, "engaged in the education process") has formulated thoughts along the lines that you claim, then you're more batty than a Kentucky cave.

-scb-

#15 Farley

Farley

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 9,246 posts

Achievements

Posted April 12 2012 - 12:56 PM

OK scabby, I need to take a keyboarding class.....a convenient way for you to ignore the issue and deflect toward my shortcomings.....typical. (dishonest but typical)

#16 scb

scb

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Achievements

Posted April 12 2012 - 03:38 PM

-Farley-

Yep....I'm sure it's a matter of "keyboarding" alright. [smile].

-scb-

#17 Farley

Farley

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 9,246 posts

Achievements

Posted April 12 2012 - 07:18 PM

right on scabby...it is all about keyboarding skills or lack there of.....forget the real issues that the banksters caused America faR MORE DAMAGE THAN cASTRO COULD EVER HOPE FOR.....EH SCABBY?

#18 HAZ

HAZ

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,026 posts

Achievements

Posted April 12 2012 - 09:21 PM

Obama to meet with leaders of America next week...of course, Raul is excluded! Wonderful foreign policies we have with our neighbors! Haiti; want a drink of clean, fresh, water? lol....we're too busy trying to bring osama bin laden to justice! Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• Cuba libre!.jpg

John W. Hazouri

#19 xg22

xg22

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 424 posts

Achievements

Posted April 14 2012 - 09:56 AM

Thank you Bill Maher for saying what so many of us think.............

Marlins Ozzie Guillén sent to re-education camp to learn American speak

watch

http://rackjite.com/...il-13-2012.html