• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Local 683's Todd Mendez appeals $100 fine, but now has to pay $1,000 :)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Hawfuh_Hater

Hawfuh_Hater

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 278 posts

Achievements

Posted September 30 2011 - 05:28 PM

Local 683 principal Hofficer Todd Mendez didn't want to pay a $100 fine that the Election Officer imposed on him for harassing and intimidating political opponents. So he appealed. His appeal did result in an altered penalty. HE NOW HAS TO PAY A THOUSAND BUCKS from his own money, instead of the 100.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

http://ibtvote.org/p.../2011esd334.htm

#2 upssteward

upssteward

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Local Union Number:89

Achievements

Posted September 30 2011 - 09:30 PM

Wonder if he will appeal the $1000 decision?

#3 teamsterpete213

teamsterpete213

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Local Union Number:911

Achievements

Posted October 01 2011 - 12:54 PM

Todd Mendez is a joke at JC 42! Even us Hoffa Supporters don't like him! Everyone in JC 42 knows that his attorney and Frank S from 952 call the shots for him! He isn't bright enough to make any decisions on his own.

#4 sindicato848

sindicato848

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local Union Number:848

Achievements

Posted October 01 2011 - 01:14 PM

TEAMSTERPETE.....I agree with you! Todd is an idiot! Our local has helped their local out with transit negotiations. Apparently the word is that he don't know S*#t! And to top it off, he hired a guy that actively campaigned and ran AGAINST our brothers at local 36! WTF.........Regardless of who this misfit wants to campaign for, we don't need a guy like this in the TEAMSTERS. Its guys like this that give our great union a black eye!

#5 Organ63

Organ63

• Members
  • 91 posts

Achievements

Posted October 01 2011 - 02:47 PM

Todd Mendez is a joke at JC 42! Even us Hoffa Supporters don't like him! Everyone in JC 42 knows that his attorney and Frank S from 952 call the shots for him! He isn't bright enough to make any decisions on his own.

You guys are hating cause he's the youngest ST in the JC !!! Give the guy some slack, If he needs guidance then why shouldn't he get help from other locals and the JC. Teamsterpepe since your a Hoffa supporter why are you bringing a brother who's on our side down? Your in local 911 he's in San Diego, what do you know what Todd has done? Or what he has accomplished with his members.

#6 coolhand

coolhand

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Local Union Number:986

Achievements

Posted October 01 2011 - 02:56 PM

Todd is a good guy he helps the members hes new as a ST everyone has to learn , get involved and help him.

#7 LouieD@yrc

LouieD@yrc

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Local Union Number:952

Achievements

Posted October 01 2011 - 03:02 PM

I agree with organ63, Why shouldn't Teamsters help out other Teamsters after all this is a BROTHERHOOD !! I recently worked with Todd on a campaign and let me tell you i've seen first hand how in tune he is with his members.

#8 Organ63

Organ63

• Members
  • 91 posts

Achievements

Posted October 01 2011 - 03:12 PM

TEAMSTERPETE.....I agree with you! Todd is an idiot! Our local has helped their local out with transit negotiations. Apparently the word is that he don't know S*#t! And to top it off, he hired a guy that actively campaigned and ran AGAINST our brothers at local 36! WTF.........Regardless of who this misfit wants to campaign for, we don't need a guy like this in the TEAMSTERS. Its guys like this that give our great union a black eye!

Sindicato, Maybe you should quit worrying about San Diego and really concentrate on Covina and local 848 ! Now you wanna talk about issues !! I'm just sayin !

#9 FatBoy

FatBoy

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Achievements

Posted October 01 2011 - 08:09 PM

Well guess what, its called karma. He turned on his boss Shannon Silva, so now he is getting what he deserves. I have no sympathy for this guy, at all!

#10 TDU SUX

TDU SUX

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Local Union Number:542

Achievements

Posted October 02 2011 - 09:51 AM

Fat boy you don't know what you're talking about. Todd is taking care of business at 683. The fact is Silva can't let go and he is in the back ground stirring up the ****. Silva has embraced some To Dumb to Understand crack heads to go after Todd. Those dumb asses don't even know they are being used for silva's own personal reasons. He don't give a shot about the members only himself. It makes me sick that you ass holes who don't know shot run your mouths.

What local are you from fat boy. Please don't say 848 because if you are you should really keep your mouth shut. You guys got problems of your own.

#11 Organ63

Organ63

• Members
  • 91 posts

Achievements

Posted October 02 2011 - 01:01 PM

Well guess what, its called karma. He turned on his boss Shannon Silva, so now he is getting what he deserves. I have no sympathy for this guy, at all!

Guess what FATBOY, he turned on his boss for a reason .. Lets talked about substandard contracts ! Crest Beverage comes to mind !! But you wouldn't know anything about that FATBOY ... Todds members even at Crest love him. He's there for them for whatever they need and he's making changes in all aspects of running that local for the better. Name one thing Shannon did for local 683

#12 Ralphs Steward

Ralphs Steward

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Local Union Number:63

Achievements

Posted October 02 2011 - 01:12 PM

ARE WE MISSING THE BIGGEST THING HERE??? Who RATTED on Todd. Isn't there a line in our oath that states i will not knowingly harm a fellow brother? Sounds like brother Todd was harmed but by who??? I know it couldn't have been by the guy running for international president of the teamsters could it??? God I hope not.

#13 Organ63

Organ63

• Members
  • 91 posts

Achievements

Posted October 02 2011 - 01:27 PM

ARE WE MISSING THE BIGGEST THING HERE??? Who RATTED on Todd. Isn't there a line in our oath that states i will not knowingly harm a fellow brother? Sounds like brother Todd was harmed but by who??? I know it couldn't have been by the guy running for international president of the teamsters could it??? God I hope not.

The TDU reformer fu** out of his local ratted him out, just like the TDU reformer fu*k out of 952 ratted out their prez ..

#14 FatBoy

FatBoy

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Achievements

Posted October 02 2011 - 07:54 PM

Local 683 had a long history of political peace until Mendez came along. Who hired him? When Mendez turned on Shannon he should have known that Shannon wouldn't go away quietly. So because of his own disloyalty, I hope he NEVER has political peace.

And whats with you and the name calling? You must have a personal interest in 683. Are you Mendez? You could take a page out of IBeBad's book and engage in a little civil discourse.

And Organ63, if you are a Local 63 employee, why don't you keep your nose out of other Local Unions politics? And I know plenty about 683... its my Local.

#15 Organ63

Organ63

• Members
  • 91 posts

Achievements

Posted October 02 2011 - 08:14 PM

So you think that shannon did a good job fatboy?? He ran that local to the ground, Todd is making a difference at local 683. Are you Shannon?? ha ha ha. Whats wrong fatboy you thought no one had Todd's back?? Well your wrong and even though i'm not from local 683 i know plenty of dirt on Shannon so bring it on fatboy

And you mention plenty of years of political peace, thats because no one had the balls to say anything about Shannon until Todd

#16 FatBoy

FatBoy

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Achievements

Posted October 02 2011 - 08:55 PM

From your posts you don't look like you are from Local 63, so why the name? What kind of dirt do you have on Shannon?

#17 zepeda683

zepeda683

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local Union Number:683

Achievements

Posted October 03 2011 - 06:42 AM

I am a member at local 683, I also work at Crest and am very familiar with Todd and the rest of the staff at 683. The only reason any of us at Crest know Todd is because he USE to come around when he needed our support to run against Shannon. Now we see his flunkie come out here to try and represent us! I believe that I speak for most of our guys in saying that 683 continues to give us horrible representation just like they did when Shannon was here. Nothing has changed! The few times that we see Todd, he comes across as a THUG/BULLY who is highly uneducated and feels that he has to yell and argue if you disagree with him.

LuisD, if you are the Luis D that was here helping Edgardo organize our merchandisers then you know that this is a DYSFUNCTIONAL local. These guys cant get anything right! The fact that 683 and the so called "international organizer" left our merchandisers hanging is horrible. Edgardo the organizer along with 683 pulled out of the election. All the people that had committed to the Teamsters and 683 are now on the hotseat. These guys are pissed and will now never become union! When you have ignorant guys like Edgardo standing at our fence cussing and yelling at people, it looks really bad! It makes us all look really ignorant! I totally believe in the union! But I dont believe in people who are not qualified for the job! Our contract is getting ready to expire soon. The fact that these guys abandoned us last month is going to make our negotiations that much more difficult. The company now knows that Todd and the rest of his staff are weak and will cave in to any pressure. After the last fiasco with the merchandisers, some of the warehouse and side loaders are talking about getting rid of the union.

#18 FatBoy

FatBoy

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Achievements

Posted October 03 2011 - 09:00 AM

I am a member at local 683, I also work at Crest and am very familiar with Todd and the rest of the staff at 683. The only reason any of us at Crest know Todd is because he USE to come around when he needed our support to run against Shannon. Now we see his flunkie come out here to try and represent us! I believe that I speak for most of our guys in saying that 683 continues to give us horrible representation just like they did when Shannon was here. Nothing has changed! The few times that we see Todd, he comes across as a THUG/BULLY who is highly uneducated and feels that he has to yell and argue if you disagree with him.

LuisD, if you are the Luis D that was here helping Edgardo organize our merchandisers then you know that this is a DYSFUNCTIONAL local. These guys cant get anything right! The fact that 683 and the so called "international organizer" left our merchandisers hanging is horrible. Edgardo the organizer along with 683 pulled out of the election. All the people that had committed to the Teamsters and 683 are now on the hotseat. These guys are pissed and will now never become union! When you have ignorant guys like Edgardo standing at our fence cussing and yelling at people, it looks really bad! It makes us all look really ignorant! I totally believe in the union! But I dont believe in people who are not qualified for the job! Our contract is getting ready to expire soon. The fact that these guys abandoned us last month is going to make our negotiations that much more difficult. The company now knows that Todd and the rest of his staff are weak and will cave in to any pressure. After the last fiasco with the merchandisers, some of the warehouse and side loaders are talking about getting rid of the union.

...and there you have it Organ52.

#19 LouieD@yrc

LouieD@yrc

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Local Union Number:952

Achievements

Posted October 03 2011 - 09:13 AM

Zepeda, i am the guy that was there on the ground for that campaign. We pulled away from that campaign because there was no interest in those merchandiser going union. If you were at the BB-Q you saw that not one merchandiser was there. And as for them being pissed, is that our fault? We can't force anyone to become union if they don't feel they have the need to be. It's up to ALL of us to fight and support those merchandisers, if they really want to be union then you as a driver and the rest of your co-workers have a job to do and start talking to these guys, your on the inside and see your merch everyday. Good luck brother on your up coming contract negotiations.

#20 thomasg310

thomasg310

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local Union Number:683

Achievements

Posted October 03 2011 - 09:29 AM

If only every body knew the facts about the goings on at local 683 union house, there would be impeachment procedings happening sooner then later. Todd is only about himself, there are many questions about business dealings that have gone on down there, something's wrong and there are a lot of shady things happening that dont add up! they need to audit local 683 books! sooner than later were being ripped off as we speak. I still don't know how todd got elected! no experience no history, he sides with the companies in stead of the members. if he ever answers his phone hel say I'll get back to you so he can go somewhere and get the information that he needs to get back to you with he just dont have a clue, hes gotta go!