• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Bumping Seniority Rights

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Git-along

Git-along

• Members
  • 5 posts

Achievements

Posted May 05 2011 - 03:51 PM

If the company cuts a driver (Run), and your run is cut, can you bump anyone under you, or do you have to go straight to the bottom of the board
and bump him?

#2 dumfck

dumfck

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 488 posts

Achievements

Posted May 05 2011 - 10:15 PM

what does your contract say about bumping, layoffs and seniority i think you really need to either read your contract or ask your representative from your local the questions you have asked can be answered simply by following the contract language or knowing the past practice

#3 Git-along

Git-along

• Members
  • 5 posts

Achievements

Posted May 06 2011 - 01:38 PM

what does your contract say about bumping, layoffs and seniority i think you really need to either read your contract or ask your representative from your local the questions you have asked can be answered simply by following the contract language or knowing the past practice

I find Seniority prevails over all, but the company laysoff starting at the bottom. But do you get your choice of any run under, or do you have to go to the bottom driver. I do not see it in our contract. I got a copy of the National Contract, and find nothing either.