• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

TDU

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 local138

local138

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • Local Union Number:138

Achievements

Posted October 27 2011 - 03:06 AM

White rose moved, The union officers went to jail.

TDU Officials took bribes
TDU Officials stole strike money
TDU Officials from the IBT helped in the cover up
TDU Officials cost the White Rose workers their jobs
TDU Officials cost Key Food workers their jobs
TDU Officials cost Joseph Cory workers their jobs
SANDY POPE IS TDU DO I HAVE TO SAY MORE

#22 UPS Teamster

UPS Teamster

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Achievements

Posted October 27 2011 - 03:15 AM

TDU Officials took bribes
TDU Officials stole strike money
TDU Officials from the IBT helped in the cover up
TDU Officials cost the White Rose workers their jobs
TDU Officials cost Key Food workers their jobs
TDU Officials cost Joseph Cory workers their jobs
SANDY POPE IS TDU DO I HAVE TO SAY MORE

We got it you hate the TDU . 'Thou does protest too much'

#23 TimeBonus

TimeBonus

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Local Union Number:251

Achievements

Posted January 22 2012 - 08:06 AM

Please explain to us what Hoffa has done! Tell us that he didn't trade away the UPS contract and allowed UPS to buy out of the CS pension plan so that UPS would hand over Freight on a silver platter. Tell us why UPS Freight does not participate in a teamster pension plan.

Please tell me the last local that publicly supported Hoffa that won their recent election. Hoffa had ruined the Teamsters and his days are done!

Local 251 won their last many elections. Landslides actually. Any extremist organization is usually a bad deal, Politics, religion and such. TDU seems to be only surrounded by negativity. Hoffa must be doing something right. I don't think our member stupid. Negotiations are not just about take. And as far as the past elections, we voted, he won, it's over. Move on and enforce your contracts.

Sent from iPhone using the TeamsterNet Mobile app!

#24 embarassed179er

embarassed179er

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Local Union Number:179

Achievements

Posted January 22 2012 - 03:50 PM

I would take the bet too that Pat is done in his next election, Hopefully he is NOT in charge of our Local tooo. Our Local is goin down the tubes fstt with Tommy Booyy in charge it wont be too long till the IRB just takes the local out. Tdu is not for anybody but themselves, just like our new pres. How can you take office in Jan and hire 4, I repeat FOUR people that were fired from the Local wihtin the past few years and put them back in the office, hire your friends and get away with it??????????? There should be a complete investagation by the DOL, Irb and justice department. I woulddnt be suprised to see some of our current officers int the back of the magazine soon.!!! I thought this Brotherhood was supposed to be "for the members", not for "yourself", wake up guys and pay attention!!!

#25 ibc734

ibc734

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Local Union Number:734

Achievements

Posted January 24 2012 - 06:12 AM

I for one know how TDU destroys Locals and the proof is how Carey and TDU destroyed the warehouse division of the IBT. Deals made with C@S, White Rose and how Carey allowed a Teamster Local in New Jersey to break Local 138 strike against White Rose.UPS you are next they talk a good game but what they will do is cost you jobs.When will the IBT learn that the best way to stop these people from destroying the Teamsters is act faster when problems come up in Locals .TDU is not for the working man or women they are only for TDU .

Interesting. I work for Hostess which as you know went back into bk. We have given back around $60,000,000 nationwide. Our union president has given himself a $22,000 raise since we went into the first bk in 2004. Our pension fund is screwed up also. Now we may lose our pension fund altogether in this new bk. So WTF is the local good for?
Liberalism has put this nation on life support. Thinking for yourself is antithetical to liberalism. Blind allegiance is the utmost rule in liberalism...............and unionism.

#26 inthegame

inthegame

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Achievements

Posted January 24 2012 - 07:39 AM

Interesting. I work for Hostess which as you know went back into bk. We have given back around $60,000,000 nationwide. Our union president has given himself a $22,000 raise since we went into the first bk in 2004. Our pension fund is screwed up also. Now we may lose our pension fund altogether in this new bk. So WTF is the local good for?

What's really interesting is how you blame the local for an international companies missteps. Not a penny of IBC's operating capital pays your local leaders salary. Had the IBT not stepped in in 2005 and assisted in the restructure of IBC, your company would have dissolved then. That would have been the end of your employment and pension/health coverage. The FACT is the IBT and your local has attempted to keep their members employed even as IBC continues to mismanage. Put the blame where it belongs. Thank your union leadership for the last six years of negotiated health and pension contributions which will benefit you regardless of what happens to IBC. Had IBC controlled your pension, you'd have nothing in the future.
Your executive board sets salaries, not your local president. Try to post some accurate FACTS, not misguided *******. And only losers "like" their own posts.

#27 ibc734

ibc734

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 237 posts

Achievements

Posted January 24 2012 - 08:22 AM

What's really interesting is how you blame the local for an international companies missteps. Not a penny of IBC's operating capital pays your local leaders salary. Had the IBT not stepped in in 2005 and assisted in the restructure of IBC, your company would have dissolved then. That would have been the end of your employment and pension/health coverage. The FACT is the IBT and your local has attempted to keep their members employed even as IBC continues to mismanage. Put the blame where it belongs. Thank your union leadership for the last six years of negotiated health and pension contributions which will benefit you regardless of what happens to IBC. Had IBC controlled your pension, you'd have nothing in the future.
Your executive board sets salaries, not your local president. Try to post some accurate FACTS, not misguided *******. And only losers "like" their own posts.

Hey genius. The prez IS on the executive board.
And don't tell me about our pension. When our 'leadership' put our fund in 'critical status', I made an FOIA request to obtain Series 5500 docs in order to find out what they were investing in. Real estate? Venture capital entities? And chew on this buddy. I sent everything I had to four law firms. One agreed to take the case. The only problem was the $400 per hour fee. So don't tell me that I don't have my 'facts'. I sent everything to the local so they KNEW we were aware they were effin up. I had a conversation with our fund manager back in '08. I asked him if he should be going into bonds instead of equities. He said 'no...that would be chasing the market'. And guess how that worked out for us? And IBT stepped in and got a friggin' hedge fund to run us. How is THAT working out? And you;re damn right I LIKE my post. That's because I have worked there for 28 years and know WTF I am talking about. I put the blame on all the above. IBT had been given a 3% stake. And WTF did they do to help? That's too funny. I ask why we need a local when we're giving up 10 years or so of negotiated wages and benefits and you side-step it.
Liberalism has put this nation on life support. Thinking for yourself is antithetical to liberalism. Blind allegiance is the utmost rule in liberalism...............and unionism.

#28 inthegame

inthegame

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Achievements

Posted January 24 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hey genius. The prez IS on the executive board.
And don't tell me about our pension. When our 'leadership' put our fund in 'critical status', I made an FOIA request to obtain Series 5500 docs in order to find out what they were investing in. Real estate? Venture capital entities? And chew on this buddy. I sent everything I had to four law firms. One agreed to take the case. The only problem was the $400 per hour fee. So don't tell me that I don't have my 'facts'. I sent everything to the local so they KNEW we were aware they were effin up. I had a conversation with our fund manager back in '08. I asked him if he should be going into bonds instead of equities. He said 'no...that would be chasing the market'. And guess how that worked out for us? And IBT stepped in and got a friggin' hedge fund to run us. How is THAT working out? And you;re damn right I LIKE my post. That's because I have worked there for 28 years and know WTF I am talking about. I put the blame on all the above. IBT had been given a 3% stake. And WTF did they do to help? That's too funny. I ask why we need a local when we're giving up 10 years or so of negotiated wages and benefits and you side-step it.

Ok I'll play your game...long time ago IBC goes non-union, so you don't have a local, so no CBA. IBC goes belly up in '04, and you're in a company pension. The creditors come in and wipe away any assets in your pension plan, which would've been tapped out anyway because IBC would have raided it for operations. (You would have had no say in the operation of a company pension plan unlike the Union plan which has trustees appointed by your executive board, which you get to vote in place). No IBT to come in and find investors. No job, no pension, no healthcare. Is that what you wanted?

An FOIA request to find out info on a private pension plan? And you call me a genius! You are entitled to a complete pension report including investments every year. A statement cluing you in on that has been sent to your home address for the last 28 years and you use a law pertaining to Federal public documents to get info readily available! The asset allocation of investments in your plan included bonds. Lots of plans fell into "critical-red zone status" not because of mismanagement but moreso the market meltdown. Those are FACTS. You sent everything you had, which was next to nothing, and one law firm responded? Good thing for you they didn't respond, you would've wasted your money.
Unions represent all their members, even the ones who don't appreciate the efforts. You still have pension credits, because you had a union. You'd have nothing if IBC held that pension. You're "giving up" negotiated wages and benefits because of mismanagement by your employer, not your union.
Thanks for the lesson on union structure...the president has one vote, the executive board has seven members. The majority vote sets salary, not one vote.
I hope IBC pulls through, and you keep your job.

#29 ibc734

ibc734

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 237 posts

Achievements

Posted January 24 2012 - 12:50 PM

Ok I'll play your game...long time ago IBC goes non-union, so you don't have a local, so no CBA. IBC goes belly up in '04, and you're in a company pension. The creditors come in and wipe away any assets in your pension plan, which would've been tapped out anyway because IBC would have raided it for operations. (You would have had no say in the operation of a company pension plan unlike the Union plan which has trustees appointed by your executive board, which you get to vote in place). No IBT to come in and find investors. No job, no pension, no healthcare. Is that what you wanted?

An FOIA request to find out info on a private pension plan? And you call me a genius! You are entitled to a complete pension report including investments every year. A statement cluing you in on that has been sent to your home address for the last 28 years and you use a law pertaining to Federal public documents to get info readily available! The asset allocation of investments in your plan included bonds. Lots of plans fell into "critical-red zone status" not because of mismanagement but moreso the market meltdown. Those are FACTS. You sent everything you had, which was next to nothing, and one law firm responded? Good thing for you they didn't respond, you would've wasted your money.
Unions represent all their members, even the ones who don't appreciate the efforts. You still have pension credits, because you had a union. You'd have nothing if IBC held that pension. You're "giving up" negotiated wages and benefits because of mismanagement by your employer, not your union.
Thanks for the lesson on union structure...the president has one vote, the executive board has seven members. The majority vote sets salary, not one vote.

Wake up bubba. "You are entitled to a complete pension report including investments every year". No you are not. You asre given a performance report without specifics. And I called not only the Int'l but I called the DOL and was told the same thing. They do not have to give you specifics. Do your homework.

A statement cluing you in on that has been sent to your home address for the last 28 years and you use a law pertaining to Federal public documents to get info readily available! Not with the specifics.But keep trying.

Ok I'll play your game...long time ago IBC goes non-union, so you don't have a local, so no CBA. IBC goes belly up in '04, and you're in a company pension. The creditors come in and wipe away any assets in your pension plan, which would've been tapped out anyway because IBC would have raided it for operations. Wrong! Union pension is not a company asset. Not attachable to a bk. What game are you playing? And what makes you think IBC goes belly-up in '05? What makes you think that we are not bought in pieces? And how can the IBT have a 3% stake in us yet fight for our rights? Conflict of interest shill. Do you think the IBT will be for closing TS 's and bakeries in order to save the company when they would in fact be wiping out their own dues paying members? Answer that buddy. How do you represent both the members AND the company at the same time when they have divergent interests? Get smart pal. You know nothing of what you speak. I was steward for 15 years. Was part of four contracts. I know exactly what I speak of.
Here is what I sent to a variety of news sources online.............

I have worked for Wonder Bread since 1983. I have watched them deteriorate to what they are now over the last 15 years. Not the last 7 including the first bk.

Here is what I sent to the WSJ and NY Post.................

Sent: Sat Nov 12 16:28:43 2011
Subject: in re; Dough's kneaded: Hostess, unions talking contract

I have worked for this company for 28 years now. I have seen us at the top and I have seen us struggle. But to the points in your article of 11-10-11.,

Our CEO claims that more concessions are needed to get the company back in the black. Two years ago they were quite satisfied as they were granted concessions to the tune of about $60,000,000 per year between wage cuts and health insurance co-pays. Since then they have outsourced almost 90% of office work as well as have decided to stop contributing to our pension. There's another approximate $100,000,000 per year if you use 20,000 employees multiplied by $100 per week. And labor has been cut to the point where I personally have 2,3,4 jobs a day now. But we don't see management being cut proportionately and in fact have seen muddle management jobs added. Why? We have too many production supervisors and too many maintenance supervisors. A few months back there was a meeting in Irving Texas in which certain manages flew in for a conference. Really? What's wrong with GoToMeeting.com? We have a distribution middle manager who flies all over is eastern business unit doing the same thing that could be done via computer or outsourced. I work in a high speed bakery in Hodgkins Illinois and yet we are running at about 60% of capacity by design. Other bakeries in our region make the same bread we used to make here and ship it to us. Why? Why is there no consolidation in order to cut costs? We also make many varieties that people really do not buy? Why don't we cut them? We also have about 700 thrift stores that actually sell fresh product at a cheaper price thereby competing with your on route men in that area. Why? And these 'thrift stores' sell 80% of their product which is not even produced by us. We are not a grocer. We have poor business practices that will never be relieved by concessions from labor. Not if they wish to continue with this shabby model they're practicing at this point.

Now as far as our fixed costs being too high? We have a very successful competitor called Turano Baking in the area. Their employees make $1 less per hour and have HC benefits. I'm quite sure they pay the same amount of money for fuel, flour, sugar and other commodities. But they aren't in trouble.

The bottom line is that our ownership refuses to make business moves and prefers to go after labor as they increase their management team

#30 ibc734

ibc734

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 237 posts

Achievements

Posted January 24 2012 - 12:56 PM

Oh and 'inthegame'. I proposed that our local take pay cuts and feel some of what we are going through. They didn't like my idea. The prez could live quite well on $80,000 instead of $108k. Don't need the BA's making $70k. They can make $50k for what they do. Don't need an organizer at $70k either. Don't need one at all. BA's used to do that. So that would save the local about $105k a year. We have 2800 members. That would put about $38 a month in dues. Another tidbit for ya genius. When the members pointed out how much the union/WE were paying for car leases, they stopped the program and officials now use their own vehicles. And our prez put the savings into his salary. What a guy, huh? And chew on this too. About 1400 of our members came from Frito Lay not too many years ago. They said they wanted no part of our pension pan and wanted to keep their 401k's. I wonder why.

#31 ibc734

ibc734

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 237 posts

Achievements

Posted January 24 2012 - 03:37 PM

Inthegame..............

" Lots of plans fell into "critical-red zone status" not because of mismanagement but moreso the market meltdown. Those are FACTS. You sent everything you had, which was next to nothing, and one law firm responded? Good thing for you they didn't respond, you would've wasted your money."

Let me give you a history lesson. After 911 the DOW dropped to around 7300. It came back to 10,500 in two years. In '08 it fell to 6550. Came back to about 10,500 in about a year and a half. We had the same number of members in the union in our pension fund in '01 as in '08, No 'critical status' crap in '01 though.

Unions represent all their members, even the ones who don't appreciate the efforts.

Spare me. I've seen their 'efforts'. I've been on the inside.

So

You still have pension credits, because you had a union. You'd have nothing if IBC held that pension. You're "giving up"

Get serious. The CEO has stopped paying into the pension. And IBT has a 3% stake. So who do they work for?

negotiated wages and benefits because of mismanagement by your employer, not your union.

The IBT is the one who went out and got this hedge fund to buy us..................and mismanage us. Wake up.

hehe
Where do you live pal? I'm in Chicago. These guys break bread together. It's the same club. Don't be naive.

It's Hostess. And I will always have a job. IBT's hedge fund buddies effed this up. .

#32 Dedicated251

Dedicated251

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 117 posts

Achievements

Posted January 24 2012 - 06:16 PM

"Wake up bubba. "You are entitled to a complete pension report including investments every year". No you are not. You asre given a performance report without specifics. And I called not only the Int'l but I called the DOL and was told the same thing. They do not have to give you specifics. Do your homework."

"Let me give you a history lesson. After 911 the DOW dropped to around 7300. It came back to 10,500 in two years. In '08 it fell to 6550. Came back to about 10,500 in about a year and a half. We had the same number of members in the union in our pension fund in '01 as in '08, No 'critical status' crap in '01 though."

What you are missing in these posts is the Pension Protection Act of 2006. Red-zone is a term from the PPA. Annual requests for information disclosure is another part of the law.

#33 inthegame

inthegame

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Achievements

Posted January 24 2012 - 09:09 PM

ibc734 (aka Hostess734), I'll try once again to explain things clearly to you. I'll type slowly so you can follow along. First, thank you dedicated 251 for your additions, however as you'll soon find out, our poster isn't interested in facts.
  • To obtain a full annual report, including a statement of assets and liabilities of your pension plan, write to your fund office. You will be required to pay copying costs. Neither the IBT, nor the DOL has the authority to send these reports. It is the resposibility of the Plan Administrator. I have first hand experience as I have done this and received the entire report. Reading your opinion based, fact less posts, It appears this might be more than you're capable of.
  • Prior to 9/11 the dow saw it's greatest increase in history going from 3300 to 11700 during the 90's leaving many plans in adequate funding status. After the downturn you speak of, plans started having funding deficiencies and failing in some cases resulting in the PPA that set zone status. That is where the term "critical status" originated. After 2008 most plans saw decreases in 30% range. With the ensuing layoffs, returning to green zone (80% funding level) became increasing difficult as participation rates declined.
  • In an earlier post I presumed a world in which you had your wish and were non-union. In this world you would not be in a union plan so your company could (and often has) raid the pension before bankruptcy, leaving you with nothing. Whatever the outcome of the IBC bankruptcy you still have vested credits that will be available to you at retirement. If you had a company plan (like you seem to wish) you'd have nothing at retirement. Regardless of what IBC does from this point, you have vested credit in a Union plan. Just an FYI, IBC quit paying into 22 funds last August. All accruals have been frozen, but credits and benefits remain.
  • I've been around the block a few times friend, in Chicago even. I've been a Teamster longer than you, a steward much longer, sat on trust funds and negotiated contracts. Your limited, obscure view of how things work really weaken your credibility. Your local is no where near 2800 members. Dues rates are set by the International, not your local. Car leases can save a local money depending on the miles driven.
  • Your thought that a 3% interest can control the other 97% is ludicrous.
  • Even though you've decided I'm your new enemy, I still hope IBC/Hostess pulls through and your employment is secure.

#34 ibc734

ibc734

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 237 posts

Achievements

Posted January 25 2012 - 02:01 PM

Inthegame.............................

ibc734 (aka Hostess734), I'll try once again to explain things clearly to you. I'll type slowly so you can follow along. First, thank you dedicated 251 for your additions, however as you'll soon find out, our poster isn't interested in facts.

Stuff the condescension. I don't need you 'help'.
  • To obtain a full annual report, including a statement of assets and liabilities of your pension plan, write to your fund office. You will be required to pay copying costs. Neither the IBT, nor the DOL has the authority to send these reports. It is the resposibility of the Plan Administrator. I have first hand experience as I have done this and received the entire report. Reading your opinion based, fact less posts, It appears this might be more than you're capable of.
​More condescension. Listen really closely bubba. I know hat I was told by the Int'l and the DOL. I obtain all I needed for all the years I requested with my FOIA request. Do you have a viable point? I have what I need and I was able to obtain prior years for comparative purposes. Handle that.
  • Prior to 9/11 the dow saw it's greatest increase in history going from 3300 to 11700 during the 90's leaving many plans in adequate funding status. After the downturn you speak of, plans started having funding deficiencies and failing in some cases resulting in the PPA that set zone status. That is where the term "critical status" originated. After 2008 most plans saw decreases in 30% range. With the ensuing layoffs, returning to green zone (80% funding level) became increasing difficult as participation rates declined.
  • In an earlier post I presumed a world in which you had your wish and were non-union. In this world you would not be in a union plan so your company could (and often has) raid the pension before bankruptcy, leaving you with nothing. Whatever the outcome of the IBC bankruptcy you still have vested credits that will be available to you at retirement.
Why do you purposely avoid my comparative of '01 vs '08 with respect as to how 734 invested then and now? Stuff the spin. And you are wrong about the 'credits' if we end up with a 401k. And how do I know this genius? Our mechanics had a conventional pension, went to a 401k then went back to the conventional. Guess what happened genius? They had to start out with only $300 in their account and had to work one year to get $100. Nice, huh? So a guy with 28 years starts with $300 in the account and has to work another 17 possibly to get to $2,000??? Spare me. If the fund is no longer funded by the company then what happens to the remaining money? It is rightfully allocated to the retirees until in is exhausted.

If you had a company plan (like you seem to wish)

Don't cry and make things up. It makes you look childish. Have you been paying attention? The last time around our blessed ibt had NOOOOOOOOO problem recommending that route drivers take a $7,000 cut. So what makes you think they would not go along with a company plan? Remember genius. IBT has a 3% stake.

you'd have nothing at retirement. Regardless of what IBC does from this point, you have vested credit in a Union plan. Just an FYI, IBC quit paying into 22 funds last August. All accruals have been frozen, but credits and benefits remain.

.....................unless the IBT recommends the 401k. Then the pot gets exhausted by the retirees.

I've been around the block a few times friend, in Chicago even. I've been a Teamster longer than you, a steward much longer, sat on trust funds and negotiated contracts. Your limited, obscure view of how things work really weaken your credibility.

So you worked for Hostess when? I thought so. Stuff the Holier Than Thou crap.

Your local is no where near 2800 members.

Hmmmm. You're right. We had 2721 in '09. So how did we lose 1100 members? Something stinks.

Dues rates are set by the International, not your local. Car leases can save a local money depending on the miles driven.
Your thought that a 3% interest can control the other 97% is ludicrous.

We pay an extra $10 a month for a strike fund. Our company had one strike in 1977 for three days. That's a joke. And they can use their own damn cars and claim whatever the law allows them to claim. Cut the crap.

Even though you've decided I'm your new enemy, I still hope IBC/Hostess pulls through and your employment is secure

Do you want a Kleenex shill? You decided to hold IBT blameless yet THEY went out and got Ripplewood and also have a 3% stake in the company. That makes them owners no mater how you look at it. Man up and stop spinning. You cannot represent your interests and another's if they are in conflict by design i.e., a CBA.

#35 ibc734

ibc734

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 237 posts

Achievements

Posted January 25 2012 - 02:09 PM

"Wake up bubba. "You are entitled to a complete pension report including investments every year". No you are not. You asre given a performance report without specifics. And I called not only the Int'l but I called the DOL and was told the same thing. They do not have to give you specifics. Do your homework."

"Let me give you a history lesson. After 911 the DOW dropped to around 7300. It came back to 10,500 in two years. In '08 it fell to 6550. Came back to about 10,500 in about a year and a half. We had the same number of members in the union in our pension fund in '01 as in '08, No 'critical status' crap in '01 though."

What you are missing in these posts is the Pension Protection Act of 2006. Red-zone is a term from the PPA. Annual requests for information disclosure is another part of the law.

Understood. Yet my main point stands. They were reckless in their allocation of fund assets in mine and many other's opinion. in '08. And I stand by my assertion based on a phone call I had with the fund manager. He said they needed to stay aggressive in '08 as opposed to going conservative to preserve assets. I invest. You might also. I didn't stay in equities through that mess. Did you? But I guess when it other people's money, who cares? And the guy makes $50,000 a year. Really? I make more than that and could have managed that fund better. But Inthegame likes to dodge, dance and deflect. He's a good shill.

#36 embarassed179er

embarassed179er

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Local Union Number:179

Achievements

Posted January 25 2012 - 06:14 PM

734 I get you and totally understand and agree with ya, I get your "Chicago deal" even though our local isnt in the city its the same politcs down here too espically since we have to deal with another Flyyyn, God help our Local, hopefully he wont be around too long. Most funds have expierenced the same tragic results ours bein in the red also, we have 3 Locals in out fund and its not gettin any prettier either!!!!! Good luck bein hte "pain in the ass" member who callls the Fund manager and wants "info" God what does he want now??? Right total bs, we pay all their salaries and they treat us like "who???" umm hes ina meeting can he call you back??? ya right and Im superman right??? Its like the ceos of a big company and you the "minion" wants some answers about somthin, just a joke!!!! I know how Chicago takes care of each other right?!! Coliii and his army watchout for them and only them not the members that they swore to serve, maybe Flynnnn should take a reading class and understand that the Contitiuition is the Teamster bible and that the members come FIRST not the other way around, like hire your friends and dole out jobs to their group of followers. I thought that the Teamsters were supposed to be about brotherhood!!! Goood luck with your job and Local !!!!

#37 inthegame

inthegame

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Achievements

Posted January 25 2012 - 08:53 PM

Stuff the condescension. I don't need you 'help'.
​More condescension. Listen really closely bubba. I know hat I was told by the Int'l and the DOL. I obtain all I needed for all the years I requested with my FOIA request. Do you have a viable point? I have what I need and I was able to obtain prior years for comparative purposes. Handle that.
The point was obvious which of course means you missed it. You didn't know the proper procedure for acquiring readily available information and ran to big brother for help. Hitting a tack with a sledgehammer and you're calling me genius.

Why do you purposely avoid my comparative of '01 vs '08 with respect as to how 734 invested then and now? Stuff the spin. And you are wrong about the 'credits' if we end up with a 401k. And how do I know this genius? Our mechanics had a conventional pension, went to a 401k then went back to the conventional. Guess what happened genius? They had to start out with only $300 in their account and had to work one year to get $100. Nice, huh? So a guy with 28 years starts with $300 in the account and has to work another 17 possibly to get to $2,000??? Spare me. If the fund is no longer funded by the company then what happens to the remaining money? It is rightfully allocated to the retirees until in is exhausted.
This is almost too easy. You really think you lose your accrued benefit because IBC fails to make pension payments? Your benefit accrual will be frozen at the level you were at when contributions ceased. If you had 27 years of contributions you get 27 times your accrual rate at the regular retirement age spelled out in your plan document. Call the FBI, CIA, hell get the KGB on this Einstein. Demand another FOIA. (It's in your pension SPD you've received.) Comprehension isn't your strong suit. The benefits received by retirees are figured in the actuarial tables. Every vested participant active or retired owns a right to a benefit.

Don't cry and make things up. It makes you look childish. Have you been paying attention? The last time around our blessed ibt had NOOOOOOOOO problem recommending that route drivers take a $7,000 cut. So what makes you think they would not go along with a company plan? Remember genius. IBT has a 3% stake.

Route drivers took a pay cut because IBC was in bankruptcy! How tough is this to understand. The IBT doesn't pay you. With your cynical attitude why haven't you stumbled on the tidbit that the IBT gets less dues when the members are paid less. That blows your case doesn't it wonder boy? And you still think 3% trumps 97%.

.....................unless the IBT recommends the 401k. Then the pot gets exhausted by the retirees.
Again showing your ignorance.

So you worked for Hostess when? I thought so. Stuff the Holier Than Thou crap.
I don't work at Hostess, never said I did, just answered your comment that you're superman because you were a steward, and damn happy a nitwit like you never represented me. Did you write the Library of Congress for help with grievances. Nevermind, you never filed grievances.

Hmmmm. You're right. We had 2721 in '09. So how did we lose 1100 members? Something stinks.
I'll agree with this, never been much of a Brian Meidel fan.

We pay an extra $10 a month for a strike fund. Our company had one strike in 1977 for three days. That's a joke. And they can use their own damn cars and claim whatever the law allows them to claim. Cut the crap.
A little steep on the strike fund, go to your local membership meetings and raise some hell. Put a motion on the floor. Run for office. Oh right it's much easier talking smack on a forum, throwing rocks and busting windows than actually getting "in the game" and fixing the broken windows. .55 cents per mile reimbursement. Do the math. If your agents are driving big miles it can be cheaper to own cars. Just math pal. Might be a little tough for you. Oh wait, that's right, you're an investor! Wonder what you're doing driving for Hostess when your high rise accountants office is sitting empty.

Do you want a Kleenex shill? You decided to hold IBT blameless yet THEY went out and got Ripplewood and also have a 3% stake in the company. That makes them owners no mater how you look at it. Man up and stop spinning. You cannot represent your interests and another's if they are in conflict by design i.e., a CBA.
I'm not holding the IBT blameless. You however have shifted too much blame on a party with little control on the operations. Without Ripplewood, you would be out of work in '05. Face facts son, nobody was looking to bail Hostess out. The Teamsters found a buyer and you blame them? I'm no shill for the IBT, I'm a pain in their ass. I am a "shill" as you derisively call it for Unions. Only weak punks blame others for their own shortcomings.

#38 ibc734

ibc734

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 237 posts

Achievements

Posted January 26 2012 - 01:55 PM

1] I was able to obtain all the specifics over many years via the FOIA. The local only mails you the categories they invest in.

2] If there are no longer Hostess employees contributions going into the fund, the fund will be eventually swallowed up by present retirees. Think.

3] The route drivers got bent over. And you think the union won;t bend them over again in the name of self-preservation? And like it or not. A 3% stake still makes you part owner shill.

4] See number two?

5] More snide retorts? The failings of a man drowning in his own hubris.

6] So you don't like Brian but you defend him? Are you okay?

7] Oh and the strike fund money? This is how stupid you are. It was the INT'L that wanted the $10 fee levied. Not the local. And
'talking smack' in a smack forum? Unheard of! I have a better idea. File as a Beck Objector. I already have applied or and received fee agency payer status cutting by dues a little bit. Now suck on that. Oh and the cars? They can use their own. Screw taking my dues money and leasing a new Buick. Or does that concept escape you? They use their cars instead of our money.

8] You're still spinnin' shill.

#39 Dedicated251

Dedicated251

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 117 posts

Achievements

Posted January 26 2012 - 06:57 PM

Local 251 won their last many elections. Landslides actually. Any extremist organization is usually a bad deal, Politics, religion and such. TDU seems to be only surrounded by negativity. Hoffa must be doing something right. I don't think our member stupid. Negotiations are not just about take. And as far as the past elections, we voted, he won, it's over. Move on and enforce your contracts.

Sent from iPhone using the TeamsterNet Mobile app!

Which was the last 'landslide' election in 251?
2001 Local election?

Funny that so-called Hoffa supporters in 251 use TDU resources on a regular basis.

Sent from my Desire HD using TeamsterNet Mobile

#40 inthegame

inthegame

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Achievements

Posted January 26 2012 - 08:27 PM

1] I was able to obtain all the specifics over many years via the FOIA. The local only mails you the categories they invest in.

2] If there are no longer Hostess employees contributions going into the fund, the fund will be eventually swallowed up by present retirees. Think.

3] The route drivers got bent over. And you think the union won;t bend them over again in the name of self-preservation? And like it or not. A 3% stake still makes you part owner shill.

4] See number two?

5] More snide retorts? The failings of a man drowning in his own hubris.

6] So you don't like Brian but you defend him? Are you okay?

7] Oh and the strike fund money? This is how stupid you are. It was the INT'L that wanted the $10 fee levied. Not the local. And
'talking smack' in a smack forum? Unheard of! I have a better idea. File as a Beck Objector. I already have applied or and received fee agency payer status cutting by dues a little bit. Now suck on that. Oh and the cars? They can use their own. Screw taking my dues money and leasing a new Buick. Or does that concept escape you? They use their cars instead of our money.

8] You're still spinnin' shill.

Little of what you've posted is fact based. Most of your postings are inaccurate opinions. Everything I've responded is based on first hand knowledge and experience. Your company failed you buddy, not your union. A "beck objector"? That figures. Hubris? You must have found a copy of word power. Now read what the word means and use it in proper context. Still having trouble with comprehension.