• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Local 200 @ 728

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#1 krash

krash

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 4,270 posts

Achievements

Posted January 08 2005 - 01:30 PM

There were reps from local 200 at our meeting today. To my understanding theyve been down here all week teaching...er...helping our new administration. Curious of who paid for there trip and why we need them here showing our new reps how to run things.
Teamstertom, if your out there, maby you can fill me in on these folks
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matt 6; 33

#2 krash

krash

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 4,270 posts

Achievements

Posted January 08 2005 - 01:35 PM

Well, there all TDU....maby they forked over the $
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matt 6; 33

#3 teamstertom

teamstertom

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 423 posts

Achievements

Posted January 08 2005 - 04:36 PM

Maybe they were looking for better weather down around your parts......we got around 9 inches of snow here in Milwaukee......

But.....I bet it wasn't because of the weather.......

How can I help Brother Krash?

#4 krash

krash

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 4,270 posts

Achievements

Posted January 09 2005 - 07:11 AM

Anyothers........

#5 Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 422 posts

Achievements

Posted January 09 2005 - 09:21 PM

Krash, Maybe they just prayed for wisdom and the good Lord answered that prayer in this manner. I am sure that such a devout Christian as yourself could accept this possibility and would send up your own prayer for the Lord to guide them in their effort. You are praying for their efforts to be sucessful aren't you brother Krash ?
An Army of One

#6 007

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Achievements

Posted January 09 2005 - 09:28 PM

Krash do you know the names of the reps from 200? Was Dan Campbell and Joe Fahey in the group?

#7 krash

krash

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 4,270 posts

Achievements

Posted January 10 2005 - 05:26 PM

Dan Campbell was.

#8 007

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Achievements

Posted January 10 2005 - 05:35 PM

I don't understand what Dan Campbell has to offer any local. Years ago he was a principal officer and the members voted him out of office. Since then he has been in a lot of locals when TDU slates win. He has been a drifter. I have known him for years and I believe he should take his pension and allow members from each local to represent their members.

#9 teamstertom

teamstertom

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 423 posts

Achievements

Posted January 12 2005 - 05:03 PM

With so many open contracts and some decerts around these parts,I would find it real damn puzzling why a Business Rep would be away from his Local to "do a victory dance" down around Atlanta.

But....this seems to be a trend with those who feel they are the chosen one to lead the way.....at is the TDU way.

Becareful Brothers and Sisters of 728...........listen wisely,question the who's ,why's and because's.........

Here at Milwaukee,the members were left out on the word of who was a 728.......the buddy system works well in Milwaukee because those who wish to a stop to a members rights to do constructive work at General Meetings feel is it better for nothing to be said at all.......stop it before it starts....the TDU way.

#10 Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 422 posts

Achievements

Posted January 12 2005 - 06:38 PM

teamstertom, your friend 007 is pretty much consistantly a babbeling idiot. You are at times quite articulate yourself. However your last couple of posts, this one and the one on what it means to you to be a Teamster are for all practical purposes incoherant. I was just wondering if you have had any recent head injuries?
An Army of One

#11 007

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Achievements

Posted January 12 2005 - 07:38 PM

Jawbreaker you phony TDU rebel rauser. Why don't you take Ken Paff,TDU and and the other few friends you have and shove shove them where the sun don't shine? You are nothing but an idiotic TDU member. It appears that the TDU slate you supported is crying for TDU phonies to help them out. :lol: . Don't hurt yourself when you shove them up your arse.

#12 teamstertom

teamstertom

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 423 posts

Achievements

Posted January 12 2005 - 10:43 PM

No ......no blows taken to the head......

What appears to me making just a breif summary of where my mind was at that moment is a direct reflection of events that had happened during a less than a half hour General Meeting of Brothers and Sisters here at Milwaukee.

I am not in the Teamsters to be a part of somebodies game,especially mind games......or to a finer point.......a control game.

My story is no different than any one other.....let me explain....

No,let me wait.......to explain the chain of events that set my mood at that given moment is something that you will (Jawbreaker) will completely understand when your rights as a Teamster is taken away by those who wish to control the information or the lack of information to make you a better Teamster......

You will find this out soon enough........

#13 Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 422 posts

Achievements

Posted January 13 2005 - 04:58 AM

007, Eat my shorts you flatulant old windbag !!

teamstertom, If I understand the asignment you have given me I am supposed to look for ways to picture myself as a victim. Is this interpretation correct ?
An Army of One

#14 teamstertom

teamstertom

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 423 posts

Achievements

Posted January 13 2005 - 05:02 PM

I do not see it as an assignment.....
I see it as it is.....no other way.

I deal in reality my friend,I would have it no other way. Maybe you are fine and comfortable in your surroundings at 728,whom am I to question that. I can only offer advice or opinions to those who will be open to listen. I am just one Teamster who hopefully will make a difference.

You will see changes,changes that you may not question......but one day........you will make a unheard question in mind to ask why......why are we losing money in the locals general fund,why are things happening the way they are.?

You are only a victim if you let reprise happen to you......I plan on being no ones victim.

Read your By Laws.......understand them.....make sure they are followed.

#15 krash

krash

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 4,270 posts

Achievements

Posted January 13 2005 - 05:22 PM

Thats good advice for any and all Tom........

Also, I wish are new reps the best of luck...and of course, PRAYERS.
I hope they do indeed put MEMBERS 1ST

#16 007

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Achievements

Posted January 13 2005 - 06:14 PM

Jawbreaker you don't even have any shorts for anybody to eat. ******* like you wear bloomers. Men wear shorts.

#17 Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 422 posts

Achievements

Posted January 13 2005 - 07:43 PM

teamstertom, I do feel comfortable in my surroundings. Honestly I would like to see less money in our general fund and more spent on representation of the membership anyway. My priority is having a local with a visible presence in our workplace rather than having a local with a bankroll. That is after all the purpose of a local. We are a union, not a business. Most of my concerns over money, and where it went are in regard to Central States Pension Fund. Unlike a local union a pension fund should be a body responsible for maintaining an increasing balance. If you are looking for legitimate victims you have to look no farther than members who are under Central States.

Krash, Amen brother. I just hope that some of our membership will give them a chance to do just that.

007, I am secure in my manhood. Your childish comments will not change that. I am confident in myself. I am so manly that I wear a flat top hair cut on my big toes. I am so macho that I could switch off the light and kick your fat old ass before it got dark. FYI: I wear olive drab boxers with a one foot ruler on the fly. There is a bus leaving town at ten oclock tomorrow morning 007, why don't you be under it ?
An Army of One

#18 warehouseman_200

warehouseman_200

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Achievements

Posted January 14 2005 - 10:54 AM

Teamstertommy,

What are you talking about a half-hour meeting? The meeting was ran as usual,

The Principal Officers report was read,

Meeting minutes were read, and approved,

The expenditures were read, and approved,

Old business was called for… no one asked to be recognized;

New business was called for… no one asked to be recognized;

Good and welfare was called for, and again… no one asked to be recognized;

A motion to adjourn was called for and seconded and then yhe body voted to adjourn the meeting.

In fact Teamstertommy,

NO ONE VOTED AGAINST IT…

LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN,

NO ONE VOTED AGAINST IT… INCLUDING YOU!

So what’s your story… You just pissed off because you are the only member who happens to be management’s teamster suckass at Price Erecting and you can’t get “a head” at work…

… or are you just jockeying for position to get on FatAss Bandur and his four-eyed cronie’s Curt Cheverodie’s Bullshit Delegate Slate.

Either way teamstertommy, you need to take politics out of your postings and quit whining because your butt-buddies are no longer in office.

PS - You might want to refer to our contract (Roundy's), the best we have ever had... which was stated by the committee at our General Membership meeting. Yea it takes longer now to get a contract... but I would rather have a contract take longer and be better, then have Seb and the boys negotiate a nice quick contract that leaves us taking it up the ass…

Later you whining piece of ****!

#19 teamstertom

teamstertom

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 423 posts

Achievements

Posted January 14 2005 - 05:04 PM

Do you actually want to know something warehouseman_200........I am okay with myself.....who I am,what I stand for,and my commitments to what I feel strongly about.

Your timetable to the events of the meeting are fairly correct,but as always,as you may see it or call it,it may not be the way it was. As in this case, we can "generally" agree on a portion of your scenario,but when it come to the adjournment motion area of your post,did you mention the fact the adjournment motion was made and seconded soundly within seconds as an orchestrated musical,as some responded with joyful emotions of success.

As to being a suck-ass at Price Erecting,I do have an issue with that statement. Being a representative of the Teamsters is always first with who I am.......that never varies,never. Working 10 to 12 hours workdays and many weekends,I have no excess time available to be a suck ass. I am there to do a job,a job that reflects who I am,reflects the International Brotherhood of Teamsters,which you are a member of. If going out in the workplace,treating people as they should be treated,doing work safely and on time, and meeting the customer needs is considered being a part of your underlining definition of being a management suck ass.....so be it.

Oh.....by the way......The Price Erecting company has proudly responded to the needs to your employer to assist in the smooth transition to your new location.

Let's talk breifly about being a Teamster within our community of Milwaukee. Many large construction projects are under way,or are on the drawing table. As Teamsters,we must understand that these projects must be manned with qualifed skilled tradesman.....this is a fact that we can not turn our heads at. One of these projects has a hurdle of anti labor roadblocks. The issue of prevailing wage may not be a key issue with you,but from the construction side it is major issue. Last month,I attended a County Supervisors meeting in support of the prevailing wage issue. I took a day off of work,attended this meeting as Teamster to be supportive to those that have worked hard and long on this cause. The measure passed 15-4,but the hurdles still do exist as in a veto by the County Executive.

There are issues that are Teamster issues,what is best overall for all Teamsters. No matter what your opinion maybe about current leadership at the local ,you put that aside to make sure you as a Teamster do what you can for all Teamsters. As this issue of prevailing wage reflects a 16 acre of prime real estate down town Milwaukee,wouldn't it be damn nice to see Teamster manned concrete trucks,dump trucks,site trucks,wall board truck,roll off truck for garbage and trash on this site. Damn nice is an understatement......it NEEDS to be Teamsters on that site. Oh......did I mention the only other Teamster that was present at the meeting.....it happened to be the locals principal officer.......does this make me a suck-ass?

If I can.........let me out line my intentions......

I intend on being a Teamster who gets involved to make a difference,a positive step forward to ensure every Teamsters right to be heard is available to him,not taken away by agendas or goals.

I intend on being respectful to those that value many of the same beliefs or ideologies.

I will not step beneath the levels of disreguard to another Teamster as you have demonstrated towards me.....

respectfully submitted,
teamstertom

#20 warehouseman_200

warehouseman_200

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Achievements

Posted January 15 2005 - 10:20 AM

Teamstertommy,

First you stated in part

that you “… attended this meeting as Teamster to be supportive to those that have worked hard and long on this cause.”

Teamstertommy, don’t take credit for what you are supposed to do. That’s what Teamster Members are supposed to do, fight for what is in their best interest. It sad to say that only you and the Principal officer showed up, but again don’t take credit for something you are supposed to do!

As far as the industry you are in… “the Construction” Industry… its apparent that the new administration which you did not support has committed more resources, time and gotten more results to than any other administration in Local 200’s history. If it weren’t for these guys your industry would be withering away.

Thank god this administration was in office when this fiasco of eliminating prevailing wage jobs took place, because Seb and his “sell-out” business agent Rick Shimmerhorn, would have cared less, and sold not only the Teamsters but, the entire labor movement down the tubes.

Second,

You sated, “I intend on being a Teamster who gets involved to make a difference, a positive step forward to ensure every Teamsters right to be heard is available to him, not taken away by agendas or goals”

Is that why you decided to post your bullshit agenda on the old officers web site during the election… because you wanted to ensure “a positive step” was taken and Teamsters rights would not be taken away by “agendas or goals”. I think your agenda has been pretty evident… not only on this website but also at the meetings when you get up and have slanted questions about the locals finances…

Teamstertommy, where were your questions of finances when the old administration was going out to Giovanni’s for $400 lunch tabs on our dues, or when Seb was taking his salary (which is paid by our dues) and shopping at Wal-mart. Don’t recall seeing or hearing you at the meeting during their reign and questioning them… But now you’re “involved” in the Teamsters…

Please, you’re just trying to squirm you way into Bandur, Mallaonzii and Cheverotti’s good graces so you have a spot on their bullshit delegate slate…

Here some advice Tommy, quit carrying FatAss Bandurs agenda to the meeting and make him get up and get some exercise by going to the microphone himself.

PS – In case you forget about your political leanings here is a gentle reminder of what you sent to Seb and the boys to post on their website during the election.

“The company that I am employeed by has workforce of 3 Teamsters. One gettleman has 29.3 years in, myself with 11 years and the other driver who is laid off because of a slow down in work has about 3 years in. We are not a large group, but we are a still apart of the local. Believe it or not, I think our 3 memberships are just important to our local as any another company who may have 700 Teamsters. We had a election here in Milwaukee, a new slate was voted in. Myself, I had no problems with the slate that just was replaced. Good men, never a problem that they could not resolve in a timely fashion. About the election, seems to be some mailing list confusion, who had the list, who didn't have the list, so a Joint Council will make a decision about the election process and if any election laws were broke.

Tonight was the first general meeting and without going into details, this is what I saw. This newly elected slate ,which ran on a ticket of major changes to be undertaken to better the local, had themselves a new member of local 200,a new face from Chicago, in the backgrond to queitly direct what was taking place at the meeting. It seemed like a old black and white western....gun slinger comes into town, quietly has the control as the big boss man does the talking for the gun slinger.

Maybe I am wrong.....if you are elected to a position, and the bases of your platform was the change YOU are going to make, weren't you elected? Aren't you elected on your abilities and not the abilities of you and a shadow(the new face). When I go to work each day, that's me behind that wheel. That's me driving down the road with a 11' wide load, grossing over #100,000. I am the one making the choices to do my job as to the best of my ability, I have no one next to me watching every move I make. I am a professional, skilled labor........and I should except the same from my newly elected slate. I think maybe here in Milwaukee......the change will be hard to swallow.....

(Tom Bennett......local 200)

Tommy, if it walks like duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck… guess what? IT’S A DUCK!