• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

- - - - -

UNION BROTHERS---What A Joke!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted August 15 2002 - 06:02 AM

Everyone posts "brothers" and "union brothers" that all goes by thw way-side when jobs, OT, and other perks come into the picture, then its "hoorry for me´, "dog eat dog" and "screw the other guy". I came to that conclusion from reading most these posts. I can see why unions never took hold too much here in Texas, were to honest.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted August 15 2002 - 03:07 PM

You´re exactly right!!!

#3 HAZ

HAZ

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Achievements

Posted August 15 2002 - 03:30 PM

Before Jesus Christ left us, he said, I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. It´s pretty hard to mess over a co-worker or Union brother - sister, if you love them. In defense of the UNION, a bad UNION is still better than NO Union! The collective spirit is, that a group, can do better for the good of all, than individuals trying to make their own personal deals with the bosses. They hate unity, and will fight against it ,because it assures them of a winning hand....... fraternity, goes further than individual personalities, sometimes, we may sound like we hate each other here, when actualy, its the freedom our Unionism affords us, as in speaking out!
John W. Hazouri

#4 135steward

135steward

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 313 posts

Achievements

Posted August 15 2002 - 10:42 PM

What family were you ever in where everyone agreed? If you know of one, their handle´s prob´ly Thorazine.

#5 CRUISER

CRUISER

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Achievements

Posted August 16 2002 - 02:12 AM

We bicker and fight alot on this board mainly on political views and thats what keeps this board somewhat interesting,But i can tell you no matter how nasty the arguments get on this board speaking for myself i would stand side by side with any of you brothers on a picket line and bust management skulls to defend a teamster strike line.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted August 16 2002 - 02:27 AM

Brother could we have used you when "acme and the international" shafted us. We never even were able to put up a picket line to fight for our jobs it was all sealed by the leadership in the back room. Hang tough My Union Brother. "The Acme 800"

#7 scb

scb

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Achievements

Posted August 16 2002 - 03:55 AM

-Cruiser-

Yet another Teamster who gets his kicks out of threatening to "bust skulls". And who ever said that the union was made up of a bunchof thugs? And just why would they say that?

Interesting....

-scb-

#8 MollyMaguire

MollyMaguire

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Achievements

Posted August 16 2002 - 01:28 PM

Hi Scabby.

Still tossing around the old" Teamsters are thugs thing" aren´t you?

Yes Teamsters HAVE gotten violent, so have other Unions Brothers and Sisters. Mostly its to defend themselves from strike breaking company goons like you.

Now if you hate violence so much, tell me why you are not pissed about corporate America´s bottomdwelling greedy ceos, who have no thought about destroying working peoples lives!

You jump up when a Teamster mentions "violence" yet say nothing when companies lay off millions or as we are seeing NOW, STEALING EVERYTHING THEY CAN GET WHILE F>U>C>K>I>N>G> THE FUTURES OF THE EMPLOYEES that made them rich!!

Capitalism is a beautiful thing!
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. ...Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.

#9 EdHeisler

EdHeisler

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 9,135 posts

Achievements

Posted August 16 2002 - 02:02 PM

The leadership of the Teamsters Union is now facing it biggest test. Will they pass it? They must or this organization will die a quick death. What big test of leadership is coming up?

I´m talking about the battle of the longshore workers union against the PMA and Bush government. Our union along with all other labor organizations must now do everything in their power to build active support for our brothers and sisters who work the ports.

We must go all out. Not just lip service and nice sounding resolutions. We need to call out our union troops and those of our real allies. The General Executive Board, all Joints Councils and IBT locals need to make Labor Day a day of solidarity with the port workers. And we need to work with Central Labor Councils and other labor unions to make it a solidarity day with longshore union members and port drivers.

Big events need to be planned. Demonstrations, rallies, mass meetings, mass mailings ... all kinds of activities need to be organized in solidarity with Longshore Union members and the unorganized port drivers.

The key thing we must see our officers do IS ACT! Don´t just talk to some staff members. Organize big solidarity events in cooperation with other unions. On the west coast invite Longshore Union representatives to address local IBT membership meetings.

I´m sure posters on Teamster Net from all political camps have ideas on how we can most effectively educate and mobilize Teamsters in solidarity with port workers.

Bush and the employers are on a warpath against labor. How can we stop George Bush and the PMA from busting the Longshore Union? What can the GEB, Joint Councils and IBT locals do to help. Any ideas? It doesn´t get any more serious than this so it´s time for some constructive suggestions.

With adequate labor union solidarity there is no way the Longshore Workers Union can lose their fight with Bush and the PMA. So let´s take up their fight and make it our own. If George Bush doesn´t like it, that´s just to f*cking bad!

If we raise hell against union busting what´s Bush going to do, label us as "Bush Government Enemy Combatants" and put us all in prison? I don´t think so. There are far too many of us.

We should remember how to fight for our rights against those who would turn this country into a personal dictatorship.

#10 MollyMaguire

MollyMaguire

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Achievements

Posted August 16 2002 - 02:20 PM

Well written and thought out post Ed.

Bush is out to break the Longshoremen. All Unions must help to battle this Union breaking threat!

OUR Union, the TEAMSTERS, SHOULD be organizing demonstrations and rally´s in support of OUR Brothers and Sisters!!

Battle lines are being drawn, time to stand up and fight!

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. ...Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.

#11 scb

scb

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Achievements

Posted August 16 2002 - 02:58 PM

-Molly-

Yeah, as I recall, the last heads you wanted to bust were those of the greedy bastard CEO´s that somehow managed to run mom-and-pop beer retailing establishments in Rhode Island.....real s***** there, right? Heck, being the CEO´s of "S" corporations in which the other officers and shareholders were probably a spouse and maybe a father-in-law or uncle or two, they just blew away the simple working man, didn´t they, what with their making about 2/3´s as much as the union guy that delivered the product too ´em and all. Real mean bastards there.

As for me being a "goon", I don´t think I´ve threatened you...or anyone else, for that matter...with any sort of violence. You, on the other hand, give yourself the handle of a bunch of notoriously violent thugs...thugs who, by their own violent behavior, brought about their own destruction. See a pattern there? Ironic, isn´t it?

Now, Molly, on another topic.....just which "criminal" CEO´s do you mean? You keep calling ´em criminal....so tell me...just which ones are you talking about? Obviously ones that have been tried and convicted, right? Name ´em, would ya? Then tell me just how they´ve kicked the Teamsters around....and just how they´ve acted VIOLENTLY against the union´s members.. Now tell me just how many I.B.T. presidents HAVEN"T been convicted as criminals? (and I´ll even give you the ones who were just indicted; not actually convicted!). Compare the percentages, why don´t ya´?

I´ve said it before, and I´ll say it again...you´re just a weasily li8le thug who, because he can´t EARN his way in this world, has to threaten violence to get his way SUBSIDIZED. Which, in your book I guess, makes you a REAL BIG MAN!

You have so much to be proud of! (snicker)

While you´re on a roll, why don´t you go and make some more threats. Really forwards the interests of the union you´re a member of, doesn´t it? With you and Heisler functioning as representative Teamsters, what more do guys like me need to say?. Obviously, with such "bright" members, it´s just a matter of time before the "brotherhood" can be counted on to lose another million or so souls. Nothing people such as myself are gonna´ do or say is likely to change that outcome....you´re more than capable of bringing it on yourself. Just keep the threats of violence coming!

-scb-

#12 Sniper71

Sniper71

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Achievements

Posted August 16 2002 - 03:27 PM

http://www.creative-...es/beavis4.gif">

Are you threatening me?

#13 haftnerhater

haftnerhater

• Members
  • 5 posts

Achievements

Posted August 16 2002 - 09:05 PM

JUST REMEMBER THE YEAR 1934 AND THE PLACE SAN FRANISCO AND DO IT AGAIN.

#14 CRUISER

CRUISER

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Achievements

Posted August 17 2002 - 12:57 AM

Puck you scb scab my little chode of a little intellectual.Your just most likely some pencil neck pencil pushing management suckhole who takes it up his a$$ til it comes out his throat by his company and then comments to everyone how hes a team player LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive met alot of you (you guys are quite pathetic) Your old lady is probably being done by some stud like myself while you spend working 90 hours a week being paid salary getting phucked .your getting screwed and when you figure out your hours worked compared to your paycheck the teenagers at mickeydees would laugh at your sorry a$$.

Violence is a last resort but usually its never needed when it comes to pu$$holes like you because you wouldnt have the balls to confront a BADA$$ TEAMSTER LIKE MYSELF.

#15 scb

scb

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Achievements

Posted August 17 2002 - 01:20 AM

-Cruiser-

Yep, you instill fear in evrybody you encounter, I´m sure. Know you´ve got me quivering! Of course, it´s your intellectual prowess that really gives me the trembles; you´re so logical and methodical in coming up with your inescapable conclusions. Oh, how the world wishes it could avoid becoming the target of your brilliant, accusative wrath....what will we do!

Guess we have another "legend in his own mind" here who, when you get right down to it, is gonna´ have to be satisfied with being his betters "hewer of wood and drawer of water" for the rest of his life.

For that, Cruiser, you have my sympathy.....and I do appreciate your need to vent. Go to it, boy!

-scb-

#16 scb

scb

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Achievements

Posted August 17 2002 - 01:28 AM

-haftnerhater-

Tell me, just what happened in "SAN FRANISCO" in 1934? Somebody change a placename to something people might recognize? Say that ´cause "SAN FRANISCO" isn´t indexed in any of the gazeteers I´ve been able to access.

Anyway, tell me...I´m all ears.

-scb-

#17 CRUISER

CRUISER

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Achievements

Posted August 17 2002 - 02:32 AM

scb so i guess i was right you are a pu$$hole that was a real nice dance around of what i said.no im not a legend in my own mind my little chode but like i said im positive i can smoke some sorry phuck who is not a teamster but some a-hole lawyer getting paid to disrupt teamsternet.the invitations there my freind.

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted August 17 2002 - 02:40 AM

When a lousy, gutless, ass kissing SCAB tried to cross any picket line I was ever on, I immediately became a UNION THUG....

RIGHT WING HARRY

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted August 17 2002 - 03:16 AM

Violence does nothing but hurt the cause. It will turn public sentiment against us. And with the low percent of the population being unionized we need that public support to put pressure on politicians so the battles are won in the laws and courts of this nation.
Repeal Taft Hartley
rnfp

#20 scb

scb

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Achievements

Posted August 17 2002 - 04:15 AM

-Cruiser-

About the only way "tough guys" like you have "gotten" to me was when your wives (or, occassionally, mothers or girlfriends) came into my office and tearfully begged to get their husband´s (or son´s, or boyfirend´s...whatever) job back. Real heart-rendering, especially when they´ve hauled the kids along for dramatic effect. It hurts when you have to remind such women that their "significant other" is a real jerk who, by his propensity toward shooting off his mouth and thuggish behavior, brought on his own demise. I say "remind", ´cause in almost all cases, they´re already aware of the fact; they came in knowing who to blame for the financial catastrophe they found themselves in, and it wasn´t me; it´s the loser they´ve hooked themselves up with

So, "tough guy", go ahead and throw your best shot. But, please, keep your woman out of the equation, OK? My size 18 1/2 "pencil neck" isn´t gonna´ snap from your trivial onslaughts, but I´d hate to bend it in sympathy with any female who stands to be hurt by your pathetic rantings.

-scb-