• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Former Local 200 Leader Busted

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 warehouseman_200

warehouseman_200

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 06:06 PM

Former Local 200 officer Seb Busalacchi got himself in some hot water. Apparently the “Union guy” decided that his Unionism only went so far… so when he was on vacation he shopped at Wal-mart for his groceries.

Now that would have been bad enough because of Wal-mart’s anti-union stances, but what really sucks is that local 200 represents Roundys, a unionized grocery warehouse that handles all the Pic-N-Save grocery stores in Wisconsin.

If you want a good laugh check out the link to the slate that’s running against Busalacchi and his slate - it has a great song about Seb and his antics

http://www.teamsters...mpaign_song.htm

TO SEE THE LEAFLET - CLICK BELOW - SEE THE RECEIPT
http://www.teamsters...art_shopper.pdf

Posted Image

#2 warehouseman_200

warehouseman_200

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 06:16 PM

Hell I forgot to tell ya, Seb and former President of Teamsters Local 200 was recently busted thru an independent audit of Local 200 doing of all things:

Going out to eat at the swankest paces (Goivannis) in Wisconsin on the member’s dues money. To top it off Varsos decided he would take his wife, his best friend (a steward) and his wife out to eat – all the while we the members of local 200 paid for it.

This crap, and Fred Gregare, a Hoffa buddy still decided to re-run our election in Local 200 so Seb and Varsos could get back in to office.

No wonder we voted these morons out of office – and we are looking forward to doing it again!

#3 teamstertom

teamstertom

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 423 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 06:52 PM

Simple question........
How did a portion of a expense report,as in this credit card statement,which I belive to be an official union document,get outside the walls of the local onto a campaign website?

Is the credit card statement a credit card that is issued by Local 200,or a personal credit card that can be used by a family member?

How informed are you......what's the inside scoop at TDU headquarters?

#4 teamstertom

teamstertom

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 423 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 07:07 PM

Hell,I forgot to tell you......

You will find that there is not much support for part of the Teamsters for Change Slate members on this site. Many are aware of the dealings of Dan Campbell in Texas......Fahey with Carey.....and Dexter at 705.

#5 warehouseman_200

warehouseman_200

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 08:18 PM

It makes no difference if it’s personal or if it’s the union’s credit card… If ‘ole Seb turned it into the Local Union for reimbursement, the members have the right to look at all expenses in the Local.

As far as Campbell, Fahey and Dexter, I’m not sure what you are talking about. You don’t know any of these guys if you’re from local 200. Just what you, Seb and Chris have been handing out at our warehouse... which is all bad.

Maybe Seb should learn to practice what he preaches. The receipt shows Walmart supercenter - where's your proof about these guys?????

#6 teamstertom

teamstertom

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 423 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 08:27 PM

Hell,I forgot to ask you......

About the independent audit that was done and handed out at the LAST union meeting to be held by TDU,Tim and Darryls Union,that listed expenses for Union business?
What was the need for the audit?
Why was the audit done?
Was the audit conducted in house or by an outside firm?
What was the firms name if done by an outside firm?
Who paid for the audit?
Was the audit material given to the members accredited....and by whom?
Why would this material be presented to the members without documentation to support its creditibility as to the accuracy of information?

Since the Principal Officier could not supply this info at the last meeting,maybe you can.

Hell,I forgot to tell you...... Add up all the unused vaction time that these staffers of this slate will be paid for when they are out of office at months end,remember the 5 weeks of vaction that started at day one for these guys,and anytime unused will be paid at separation of employment. I am no account,but my audit work tells me that unused vaction time for those traveling TDU band will add to more than the independent audit that was just shoved down my throat.

#7 007

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 08:28 PM

Warehouseman 200, I see you TDU rats are trying every trick in the book. This is typical of TDU running a campaign. Did you see the union official shop at Wal-Mart?

I know all about Dan Campbell and Jeff Dexter. Dan Campbell has been set up with a job for years. Members voted him out of office for negotiating a shoddy UPS contract. Dan Campbell and Jeff Dexter are loved by the employers. We will save money in Local 705 since they left and the members will be represented.

Fahey is like Dan Campbell his members voted him out of office.

#8 warehouseman_200

warehouseman_200

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 08:31 PM

PS - You gotta love a guy who admits he sucked as the president of your Union. Thanks to teamstertom - a flatbed hauling member in local 200, the recent article from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel – Chris Varsos, former President of Teamsters Local 200 states:

"We didn't pay attention to the members - I openly admit that," said Varsos last week, referring to the exclusive 401(k) plan that had the union put in $2 for every $1 contributed by the leaders.

This from a guy who had took over $200,000 of our dues money with him when we voted him out of office. That on top of his Central States Pension, and the Joint Council 39 Pension and his Affiliates Pension from the International.

#9 warehouseman_200

warehouseman_200

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 08:39 PM

007 – what the hell do you know about local 200. I checked your posts and it shows that you stick your nose in every local Union that’s out there. Well stay out of Local 200.

It’s funny what you say about these guys – the employers love them. These guys have told the employers up here to get right or they will have a problem – and Dexter and Campbell have proved it. Just ask Sonag Redi-mix – a company that one of Varso boys screwed so he could get a job on the same project he allowed the non-union company to do union work.

I talked with Sonag guys and because of these “TDUers” all Sonag guys are back to work while the non-union guys who Varsos and the gang allowed to work, were sent packing.

So you can say what you want but I already cast my vote and it was not for Wal-mart Seb or Giovanni Varsos.

We’ll see what the members have to say on Friday when we count our ballots.

PS - I'll ask these guys about you - and see what I can find out!

#10 teamstertom

teamstertom

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 423 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 08:39 PM

You are incorrect about looking at the expense reports of an officier of Local 200. As a member you may do a couple of things,but to go in and ask for expense reports,can not be done. LM-2s for 2002 on public record for union officials are on the net,2003 LM-2s later this year. I believe you can reveiw expenditures and receipts report for the month,but you are not able to get supporting paperwork,and I believe this is done as a request in writing.

If you attend meetings or are involved with your local,you know Campbell,Dexter and Fahey.

#11 warehouseman_200

warehouseman_200

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 08:42 PM

I have attended and these guys know what unionism is all about – not like your boys – Wal-mart Seb and Giovanni Varsos.

If you have the guts why don’t you tell Dexter and Campbell when you see them – I’m sure they will be there when they count the ballots.

PS - What are you going to do when you lose?

#12 007

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 08:48 PM

Warehouseman 200, You are another lying TDU individual. I don't stick my nose in every Local. I only tell members the truth about individuals who came from Local 705.

Ask Dan Campbell and Joe Fahey why their members voted them out of office. I have never seen a TDU elected slate stay in office over one term. They are inexperienced and bring in outsiders to run your Local.

Don't tell me about rumors what have the rejects done for you?

Have you ever been a union steward?
How long have you been a member of TDU?
How long have you been a member of Local 200?
What union office have you held?

#13 warehouseman_200

warehouseman_200

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 08:49 PM

Come on Tommy – you know as well as I do that an audit is done every year. And yes it had to be done by an outside auditor – accounting firm – otherwise it could not be an audit.

It’s different when you have other people in office besides the boys who lived off the member’s blood, sweat, tears & dues money.

Tommy on Friday… will you cry… or will you hide.

The days of you and your little friends at Roundy’s pushing us around are gonna be over – including Stan!

PS – Where’s the supporting documents? I thought you said members could not have that information? Now you want it? What is it Tom? Members can have it or can’t have it? You can’t have it both ways!

#14 teamstertom

teamstertom

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 423 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 08:51 PM

When the ballots are counted Friday,I will be the same guy I was today,the day before and the day before that day. My values will not change,I will still know right from wrong. I am a Teamster doing his job a skilled labor within a proud community.

#15 warehouseman_200

warehouseman_200

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 08:55 PM

007 – Who you to ask about me? What are you a secret investigator? But being a person who is willing to prove you wild claims wrong – here ya go!

Can’t be a steward when the stewards are appointed for life by a corrupt administration.

How long have you been a member of TDU?
Never been a member of TDU – Not interested in it.

How long have you been a member of Local 200?
I have been a member for 16 ½ years.

Can’t be an officer when the officers are appointed based on sit down, shut up and kiss our ass. Never had the need to kiss their ass,

Now the same for you 007!

How long have you been sucked up to Hoffa?
How long have you been a member of Local 705?

#16 warehouseman_200

warehouseman_200

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 08:59 PM

Good answer Tom – but let me say one thing:

You may be the same guy – but you will have lost and lost big. So you’d better get on board and support the new administration – cause they are taking local 200 to new heights.

The light for you and your guys is going dim!

#17 teamstertom

teamstertom

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 423 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 09:00 PM

I am 6'3' tall,267 pounds....it is hard for me to hide....

I never made mention of wanting supporting documents.......maybe you know more about me than I know about myself.

I thought you said as a member we could see an expense report of an officier.......which way is it?

#18 007

Hardcore Member

• Members
  • 2,973 posts

Achievements

Posted February 22 2004 - 09:12 PM

In the first place all you have to do is change your by-laws and your Local can have elected stewards. Local 705 has elected stewards. Maybe if you worked with your local and helped the members you might have been appointed as a steward or union representative.

I have been a member of Local 705 for thirty one years.
I have been a union steward over 15 years.
I have been an elected delegate.
I have never sucked any Officers ass including Hoffa.
I have filed several grievences and won them.
I have taken case(s) to arbritation and won.
I have been appointed to different union positions.
I have negotiated contract(s).

This list could continue but I believe you get the message. I am not a rookie. I attend union meetings and I am respected by union officials from several Locals including several states.

#19 teamstertom

teamstertom

Journeyman Member

• Members
  • 423 posts

Achievements

Posted February 23 2004 - 03:39 AM

Bottom line......
Tim Buban has spent years building his election campaign on what the TDU has had offer in support. His direction to be a leader is no more than a front for the politics and agendas of TDU.

A leader surrounds himself with key people that will work for the same goal,a goal that shows promise to the membership,not goals set in place by a group to promote their own personal agendas or directives driven by outsiders.

Bubans key people are clouded with past history of deception to its members they have served in years past,and the other people of his staff I have never seen at a Union meeting except for Connell.

There is a saga on a website about Campbell and how he was hand picked to be a business agent in a Texas local only to run the local because the President had no clue on the daily operation of the local. Sound like now? But in the case of Texas,Campbell was so powerful,the President fired him,inwhich Campbell used the methods of what he preaches to get his job back,get $50,000 of back pay and drag up with new found wealth. Is this the kind of guy I want associated with my local.....no way.

If Buban is a leader......why did he not take control of his own last general meeting. His ability as a leader showed to get control to get the meeting started on time,in which he could not,and the president has less respect from the members.

You are welcome to your opinion,as I have my own opinion. The story with Sonag is much deeper than you tell. I am unsure about the facts,but I am sure the Milwaukee Building Trades had more to do with the Sonag story than our leaders at local 200. Dexter had nothing but blame for the former staff about Sonag,stating to the membership there was nothing he could do. All he did was build his ego a bit more knowing that at the meeting the Milwaukee Building Trades would step in because there is a project labor agreement on that project.......something Dexter forgot to mention at the meeting. Maybe since he is new to the area,he didn't know about the Milwaukee Building Trades...there is more to this story than Tim and Darryls Union saving the day.

#20 warehouseman_200

warehouseman_200

Semi-Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Achievements

Posted February 23 2004 - 08:30 AM

Well Tom,

I called Dexter today at the office and asked him about the “Project Labor Agreement” (he called a PLA) and the Milwaukee building trades issue. Here is what he said:

PROJECT LABOR AGREEMENT:
There is a project labor agreement that is in place on the Washington Port Project. It was agreed to by all the trades. When the agreement was signed, the Trades and all the locals were charged with an Unfair Labor Practice by another redi-mix company, ( I believe he said the name was Fredricks – non union company) because the language in the PLA. The charge was that the trades illegally put language in the agreement that states work on the project as it relates to delivery of materials must be done Union. This was deemed illegal by the National Labor Relations Board. The board ordered that they amend the language to state that the work must be done at no less than “areas standards”. The language was changed in a Letter of Understanding.

Dexter went on to say that when Sonag bid the job, it did so knowing that it could not supply enough trucks to fulfill its obligation. Sonag search around and decided that it would use Zignago Redi-mix (a non-union company). Rick Schimerhorn, then made an agreement with Sonag that undercut Sonag’s members right to have the work first. Dexter stated that the language in subcontracting clause called for all of Sonag’s employees to be fully employed before it used “hired trucks”. But Sonag and Schimerhorn agreed and allowed otherwise. Sonag members sat at home (as recently as last week) while Zignago workers did their work – in clear violation of the agreement. He went on to say that when local 200 had their redi-mix summit with all the stewards and company’s (about 2 weks ago), it came out that Sonag members were told that there was nothing they could do about Zignago working while they sat at home, this was told to them by Schimerhorn, because “the deal was already done.” So when Dexter and Connell heard about it they called the hall to get a copy of the agreement. The agreement was faxed over to the summit, where it was reviewed by all stewards, agents and officers. Dexter then asked if Sonag stewards had ever seen that document and whether they had ratified that document. Both stewards stated, “No we have never seen it nor had the members ever voted on it.”

Dexter, Connell and the construction Business Agent called Sonag and ordered a meeting. At the meeting the company told them that it was an agreement that Schimerhorm approved and Sonag provided documents to verify Schimerhorn;s approval. Dexter and Connell told Sonag that the agreement was not ratified and that Local 200 was not going to honor an agreement which violates the contract. Dexter and Local 200 negotiated an agreement that ensured that all Sonag workers would work on the Washington Port Project before anyone else, and the agreement was put into writing and voted on by the members last Tuesday night – he stated that all members in attendance received a copy of the Agreement and voted on it – it was ratified unanimously. He went on to say that on a site which has a PLA, if it is proven that a company whether or not they are Union, pays their workers “area standards” or “prevailing rates” then they are allowed to work on PLA’s. But not in violation of the contract between Sonag and Teamsters Local 200 which requires all Sonag workers to be fully employed before using “hired trucks.” He then went on to say that all PLA’s have a no-strike clause preventing Union’s from striking. The reason is that major corporations or utility companies do not want labor problems on their sites. So the companies agree to pre-job with the Unions involved to avoid any type of disruptions to their projects and the Unions get to ensure that their union workers will get the work on that site.

MILWAUKEE BUILDING TRADES:

I then asked him about the Milwaukee Building Trades (MBT). He stated that within the first week of being in office, Connell, the construction business agent he called “Frank, and himself met with Lyle Ballistori (not sure of the spelling), the head of the MBT to find out what the Teamsters need to do to get a handle on construction. Dexter stated that they had heard there were problems with relationships in the Trades especially towards the Teamsters. He stated that Ballistori had stated that the relationship with the Teamsters and the trades had been damaged badly and gave this story of the reason why.

A few years ago, a bridge project was to begin and non-union redi-mix was to be poured on this bridge project. Schimerhorn, came to the trades at the beginning of the project and told them he was going to put up pickets on Friday and wanted the trades to walk-off the bridge job. The trades agreed to do that. So all the heads of the Unions in the MBT went to their members on the site and told their members to be prepared and honor the Teamsters picket when they are put up on Friday. When Friday rolled around, Schimerhorn and the Teamsters never showed up.

So a few weeks later the same scenario. Shimerhorn shows up at the MBT and says he was going to put up pickets on Friday and wanted the trades to walk-off the bridge job. The trades agreed to do that. So all the heads of the Unions in the MBT went to their members on the site and told their members to be prepared and honor the Teamsters picket when they are put up on Friday. When Friday rolled around, Schimerhorn and the Teamsters never showed up.

Then over a month later Schimerhornm shows up again and gives excuses why he did not show-up and again says he was going to put up pickets on Friday and wanted the trades to walk-off the bridge job. The trades agreed to do that. So all the heads of the unions in the MBT went to their members on the site and told their members to be prepared and honor the Teamsters picket when they are put up on Friday. When Friday rolled around, Schimerhorn and the Teamsters never showed up. (I asked Dexter why always on Friday and he stated that it’s the best days to get a labor dispute done before the labor can get an injunction or ruling against the Union.)

Finally, Schinmerhorn shows up (several months into the project) and says this time he is serious, and he is going to put up a picket… the same song and dance as before. The trades told him forget about it they would not continue to have their members and their unions put in harms way and not have the Teamsters carry-out what they had promised to be carried out. Long behold, Ricky shows up one day, not even the day he said he was going to show up, (now the bridge project is ¾ of the way done) and puts up a picket in the middle of the morning and expects the trades to walk-off the project. Needless to say Schimerhorn had already burnt many bridges (pun intended)

Dexter stated that shortly after that the Teamsters dropped out of the MBT and refused to get involved. During that time the Teamsters regularly ordered Teamster members to cross picket lines of unions affiliated with the MBT. This was confirmed, Dexter said, by the Operatering Engineers when they met with them; it was confirmed by the Laborers when they met with them and has been confirmed by many other trades as Dexter, Connell and the Business Agent reached out to the MBT Unions to try and build a better relationship.

Now Tom I know this was long. But I thought it would be important to give all the facts I had asked for from Dexter. Fortunately, this Dexter guy took the time to spend with me on the phone to answer all my questions, and explain to me what happened. Never once did he get mad at me; never once did he say it was none of my business because I was from Roundy’s; He only stated that he would like to talk more but he was heading into a meeting for negotiations.

So, when it doubt, go to the horse’s mouth to get the truth. If you are in doubt Tom, call Dexter. In fact he said they he would be willing to talk with you regarding these issues.